Monday, July 15, 2013

Life Lately

I can't believe its already mid July! This summer is flying by! As I drive around Kansas, I see all the hay bails and corn growing taller and taller everyday and I get SOO excited for Fall! Its my favorite time of the year. But as I mentioned before, I still have so much I want to do this SUMMER with the kiddos, still have some Kansas heat we need to enjoy.

I wanted to start participating in a "Life Lately" link my friend over at Wild & Precious started. She does it every Monday and I encourage you to check it out! Her and her husband have an adorable little girl about a month older then Josie (2) and are expecting another baby here soon! Blair, her husband and I worked at a summer camp in Tennessee waaaaaay back when. Its been fun to watch their lives grow and change. Make sure and check our her blog folks!

Anyways, back to OUR Life Lately.

Its been HOT. I understand why most people who live in Kansas aren't as outdoorsy as my Colorado peps. Its crazy humid hot! No wonder everyone goes to the mall on Saturday mornings instead of something outdoors. (I do miss my mountains). You could die of heat stroke. Seriously. I knew this from going to college here, but I think I forgot. So, besides early morning and swimming in the afternoon, the kids and I usually spend a lot of time in the house.

Josie and Samuel love to find bugs outside. For awhile they were really into rollie pollies, now they have ventured on to caterpillars. Samuel manages to find a new one everyday. He's that good. We build homes for them, give them leaves to eat and sticks to climb on. And then a little while later they die. Because he kills them. On purpose. We'll work on that lesson next week.

One of Samuel and Josie's Caterpillars

Madelynn and Levi have been smiling and cooing like no other. They love to watch their older brother and sister and try to talk to them. Before I know it they are going to be chasing after them.

The Twins
Curtis and I have been trying out the 30 day green smoothie challenge from Simple Green Smoothies. Its going pretty good. The first week was great! The first half of the second week- no so great. But we have discover more of what we like and what we don't like and that is the whole purpose.
Saturday Morning Green Smoothies (Yes, we were still in our pj's)
If you want to  keep up with our everyday adventures follow me on Twitter or Instagram! I link some everyday activity to Facebook but not all! So don't miss out. (links are on the right side of the website)

8 comments:

Kristi said...

Eeeep! Hopped over from Life Lately and I'm glad I did b/c I love twins! I'm the big sis to a boy/girl set and although I don't know how my mom survived, it's such a cool thing. I'm pregnant with #3 and was pretty sure I'd end up with twins this time but there's just one.
Anyway, glad to have stopped by!

Curtis and Katie Hickman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Oh it's so fun to hear about your adventures! I wish I could just zip on over and give big hugs all around. You should get the kidoes into fire flies...I used to kill those too but it's fun to have a night light in the evening from sweet bugs!

Anonymous said...

we love green smoothies how did you get your husband to try them? I can not get mine to for the life of me.

~The Bargain Babe from *Zucchini Summer Blog* said...

Aww your kid's are cute. Good luck with the "we don't kill caterpillars" lesson. Ha

Curtis and Katie Hickman said...

@kristi
Kristi! Thanks for stopping by! They are pretty awesome and being the older sibling I'm sure you have an very interesting perspective

Stephanie @ From the Burbs to the Boonies said...

Oh my gosh, another Kansan! I also blog about KS stuff, we live in a small town in the central part of the state. Harvest is done and now everyone is baling and next is corn :) We're going to visit Colorado this weekend! Nice to read your blog! And yes, it has been SO hot, though this year is not near as bad as last year.

justme said...

Hi! I want to know more about the green smoothie challenge...the good and bad. Why was the second week a struggle? I want to know what I'm in for. ;)