Friday, January 25, 2013

Pregnancy update.

I downloaded a book a few days ago that has really help me understand this pregnancy more.

I am starting to understand more and more why they call it "high risk" and just how different it is from a singleton pregnancy.

I just started the third trimester and wish I would have known, and started reading earlier. But who knew I was carrying twins?

My goal is to make it to 37 weeks. And have as healthy babies as I can. This includes ALOT of resting and not trying to do it all, or hardly anything. A lot of horizontal time and a lot of eating, which I don't mind. I have started taking different vitamins and rearranged my diet in order to give the best nutrition to the growing babies inside of me.

I can already feel the stress this is bringing. So as to make sure the babies cook as long as possible, a lot of rest and relying on someone else to cook, clean and entertain the kids is needed. Which is hard for me to do. Curtis continually reminds me that is what is needed to prevent preterm labor. But it's hard to watch him do it all. I know he's tired and stressed. But he never complains.

I enrolled the kids in a few classes at the Chilson center to help them get out of the house once a week. Poor kiddos aren't meant to be trapped inside all day, all week. But with Curtis working AND doing all the above mentioned, they don't get much active time. I know they will probably be okay, but it's still hard when Samuel ask's to go on a walk and I can't take him.

But it's only for a season right? A hard season. And a seemingly lonely
season. But still, just a season ....

No comments: